Do you support Sarah Palin for Vice President of the United States, and what do you think about her?
Sarah Palin is an inspiration for all women young and old.
i love her you go girl
The Media and the far left would NOT let her shine as they are scared, they don't want someone who will take them down. She is honest and loves our Country, she would be such an asset to our Country. Seems the honest ones are massacured. Sad!
You forget, there are 50 states, not 49. Alaska is part of the United States and to slam her is to slam Alaska.
Sarah Palin was INVITED to the vice president position. She is an incredible mavererick and any amazing women. Get to know her before negatively judging her. Maybe you'd like her better if she came DOWN to your level.
Sarah Palin is so incredibly intelligent. I am so dismayed at what the media is doing to her. I only wish she was running for President. I'd vote for her again and again......
Good lord people shecan't even run her house.
I think that she is Cute, uneducated, a racist, and a liar.She has governed a state that doesn't have as many people as we have here in the Bay Area-So What?
I think that McCain has dementia and I would not like to see her become President of this United States
and i think your a retard.
she didnt have a foreign policy plan. woop di doo.
she kinda get put in spotlight out of nowere if you didnt notice. would you have a foreign policy plan in lets say... idaho?
and she took down the oil companies in her country, sold the private jet she could have KEPT, and made the oil companies give money back into Alaska.
and now i want to know this... how is she a racist?
1. McCain's campaign and advisers are allied with and/or supporting militants who have committed acts that any reasonable observer would define as terrorism. On July 20, while campaigning for McCain in Miami and just prior to speaking at a McCain event, Sen. Joe Lieberman met with the wife of convicted serial bomber Eduardo Arocena and promised to pursue a presidential pardon on his behalf. Arocena is the founder of the notorious Cuban exile militant group Omega 7, renowned for a string of BOMBINGS from 1975 to 1983. These men are not afraid to KILL AMERICAN CIVILIANS on US soil in the furtherance of their cause. John McCain is not afraid to associate with them, even going so far as to have cut Spanish-language radio ads for release in South Florida. John McCain has promised that, if elected, he will release Eduardo Arocena. In 1983, Arocena was arrested and charged with 42 counts pertaining to conspiracy, explosives, firearms, and destruction of foreign government property within the United States. Arocena was convicted of the 1980 MURDER of a Cuban diplomat in Manhattan. He is currently serving a life sentence in federal prison in Indiana.
His targets included:
Madison Square Garden (he blew up an adjacent store);
JFK airport (Arocena's group planted a suitcase bomb intended for a TWA flight to Los Angeles—in protest of the airline's flights to Cuba. The plane would have exploded if not for the fact that the bomb went off on the tarmac prior to being loaded);
Avery Fisher Hall at Lincoln Center (causing damage to three levels of the theater and halting the performance of a music group from Cuba);
the ticket office of the Soviet airline Aeroflot;
and a church.
2. In 1998 G. Gordon Liddy hosted a campaign fundraiser for McCain and McCain has accepted campaign donations from Liddy over the last decade, most recently in February 2008. Liddy has acknowledged preparing to kill someone during the Ellsberg break-in "if necessary"; plotting to murder journalist Jack Anderson; plotting with a "gangland figure" to murder Howard Hunt to stop him from cooperating with investigators; plotting to firebomb the Brookings Institution; and plotting to kidnap "leftist guerillas" at the 1972 Republican National Convention -- a plan he outlined to the Nixon administration using terminology borrowed from the Nazis.
3. John McCain was a close personal friend of Charles Keating, McCain and his family vacationed at Keating's Bahamas mansion, Cindy McCain had investments with Keating. Charles Keating is a convicted felon.
4. McCain announced he was choosing Lincoln Diaz-Balart, a Republican congressman from Miami, as his senior adviser and spokesman on Latin America. Rep. Diaz-Balart is a fierce hard-liner on Cuba, advocating, at various times, a blockade of the island, even military action if needed, to unseat Fidel Castro (his former uncle, once married to Diaz-Balart's aunt). He, too, has been a supporter of certain kinds of TERRORISTS who have struck on AMERICAN SOIL. Since 2000, Diaz-Balart and his colleague Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen have lobbied for and helped win the release of several convicted exile terrorists from U.S. prisons. Among the most notorious were Omega 7 members Jose Dionisio Suarez Esquivel and Virgilio Paz Romero, both convicted for their roles in the 1976 assassination of Chilean diplomat Orlando Letelier and his American colleague Ronni Moffitt with a car bomb in Washington, D.C.
5. Beginning in 1981, Richard Quinn became the Executive Editor in Chief of the racist Southern Partisan Quarterly Review and as was still listed as the owner of the magazine as recently as 2005. Like McCain did originally, Quinn opposed the Martin Luther King holiday, writing it "should have been rejected because its purpose is vitriolic and profane." In 2000, People For American Way called on McCain to fire Quinn, listing his disparaging of Nelson Mandela as a "terrorist," his promotion of David Duke ("What better way to reject politics as usual than to elect a maverick like David Duke?") and his selling of t-shirts praising Abraham Lincoln's assassination. McCain wouldn't fire him. He rejected the guilt-by-association charge, defending the man and disavowing the publication. The Washington Post described Quinn as the "longtime adviser [who] directed the senator to a crucial victory in the Palmetto State." Politico reported that McCain paid Quinn's firms $184,000. An article that was posted on McCain's website in 2008 — that is no longer available — described Quinn as "a senior political consultant to the McCain campaign."
6. McCain spent his 70th birthday aboard Rafaello Follieri's yacht in August 2006. Follieri, who posed as Vatican chief financial officer in order to win friends and investments, pleaded guilty in a Manhattan district court to conspiracy to commit wire fraud, eight counts of wire fraud and five counts of money laundering. As part of the plea, Follieri admitted to misappropriating at least $2.4 million of investor money and redirecting it to foreign personal bank accounts that were disguised as business accounts.
7. Rick Renzi, Arizona Congressman 2002-2008, is currently under indictment for conspiracy, wire fraud, money laundering, concealment of money laundering, transactions with criminally derived funds, extortion, insurance fraud and criminal forfeiture. Until February 2008, Renzi was co-chair of McCain's Arizona 2008 presidential campaign, member of McCain's 2008 National Leadership Team, and a personal friend. In October 2006, McCain stated, "Rick has represented the first district of Arizona with tenacity, honesty and integrity beyond reproach."
8. McCain's campaign manager served as president of a lobbying association that fought to protect Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae from the sort of regulation that McCain is now proposing.
9. Aquiles Suarez, listed as an economic adviser to the McCain campaign, in a July 2007 McCain press release, was formerly the director of government and industry relations for Fannie Mae. The Senate Lobbying Database says Suarez oversaw the lending giant's $47,510,000 lobbying campaign from 2003 to 2006.
10. McCain's opposition to a 1994 law that made it a federal crime to BOMB or blockade abortion clinics or to ATTACK abortion doctors. McCain's vote against the Freedom of Access to Clinic Entrances Act put him in league with the Senate's most radical anti-abortion advocates, who split with more than two dozen anti-abortion senators who voted to crack down on clinic BOMBERS as a matter of preserving law & order.
11. McCain's several year membership on the board of the US Council for World Freedom, which The Associated Press describes as "part of an international organization linked to former Nazi collaborators and ultra-right-wing DEATH squads in Central America."
12. McCain spent more than a year actively seeking John Hagee's endorsement. In February 2008, McCain stated, "I'm very honored by Pastor John Hagee's endorsement today." Only after public outcry did McCain repudiate Hagee.
13. McCain actively sought Rod Parsley's support to get evangelical votes. In February 2008, McCain stated, "I'm truly honored today to have one of one of the truly great leaders in America, a moral compass, a spiritual guide — Pastor Rod Parsley." View Video. Again, after public outrage over Parsley, McCain was forced to repudiate him.
14. John McCain tried to circumvent campaign-finance rules that he helped create. Last year, when Mr McCain's campaign appeared moribund, the senator applied to join the presidential public financing system. Under this programme Mr McCain agreed to certain spending limits and, in turn, received access to federal matching money. (Sidenote: It's a terrible system that is basically designed to keep losers in the race.)"
15. Judicial Watch, the public interest group that investigates and prosecutes government corruption, announced that it filed a formal complaint, dated April 22, 2008, with the Federal Election Commission (FEC) related to a fundraising luncheon held at London's Spencer House to benefit Senator John McCain's presidential campaign. The venue for the event was apparently donated to the campaign by foreign nationals, in violation of federal campaign finance laws.
16. The FEC sent a letter to Sen. John McCain's campaign treasurer Sept. 30 demanding the candidate turn over more information about "contributions that appear to exceed the limits." The letter is accompanied by a nine-page list showing scores of overages from McCain's August campaign finance report, including nearly $13,000 from Texas rancher Ray R. Barrett Jr.; $9,200 from an Iraqi security consultant, H. Carter Andress; and $5,000 from Joseph F. Davolio, an executive at a major national liquor, beer and wine distributor.
17. See factcheck.org for campaign misrepresentations and downright lies (The Whoppers of 20008 is the best).
1. Her husband is a past member of the Alaska Independence Party, and she has addressed the group on several occasions. The party's goal is Alaska's secession from the United States and its founder has said "the fires of hell are frozen glaciers compared to my hatred for the American government." The group, founded in 1973 by Joe Vogler, Vogler stated, "I'm an Alaskan, not an American. I've got no use for America or her damned institutions." "Keep up the good work," Sarah Palin told members of the Alaskan Independence Party in a videotaped speech to their 2008 convention six months ago in Fairbanks. She wished the party luck on what she called its "inspiring convention."
2. Steve Branchflower’s report on Troopergate contains four findings. The first concludes that Palin violated the state’s executive branch ethics act, which says that “each public officer holds office as a public trust, and any effort to benefit a personal or financial interest through official action is a violation of that trust.”
In responce to this post:
Submitted by Jodi C. on Mon, 10/13/2008 - 09:01
What? Are you kidding me with that? The Bush Doctrine is not a new phrase. It has been around and circulating news media since at least 2002. Whether or not it's something Bush endorses doesn't matter, the term has been around for many years. And even with the less articulate people, at the very least they can think of America's pre-emptive war stance in relation to the "Bush Doctrine".
OK Einstien what is the bush doctrine?
SERIOUSLY? The Bush Doctrine was coined following 9/11. It was the phrase that initially described the policy that the United States had the right to aggressively secure itself from countries that harbor or give aid to terrorist groups, which was used to justify the 2001 invasion of Afghanistan. Basically, to put it simply, the Bush Doctrine is the idea that pre-emptive war is appropriate and acceptable. It is SO NOT NEW!!
No, I don't support Sarah Palin. I don't feel she has any business being a VP candidate. She talks about special needs children and I know she has a special needs child. If she were the VP or God forbid the President and she was in the middle of a crisis and one of her small children were to get ill, how would she handle it. As a mother, I would expect her children to come first, but as the VP or President our Country has to come first. Would she be able to put 150% to our Country?
Barack Obama - state senate 1996-2004, US senate 2004-present
Palin - mayor 1999-2006 (population 5 to 7,000), governor 2006-present of the state with a population smaller than the city of Detroit.
Obama Columbia and Harvard, President of Harvard Law Review, 4.33 average gpa
Palin 4 colleges, 5 transfers, took her 5 years to graduate from U of Idaho with Bachelor in Journalism, 2.0 gpa
SERIOUSLY, NO CONTEST!!!!
Not a chance. Palin's educational background is grossly underqualifying. It took her 5 years and 5 college transfers to earn a bachelor degree in JOURNALISM, a major hardly qualifying (or even related) to being anywhere near the presidency. Her college background does not qualify her for MOST even moderately powerful jobs in this country. The fact that she can't answer important questions coherently and with insight, accompanied by her poor educational background clearly states that she is so incompetent for the job, it's unbelievable.
If one person thinks that Sarah should get in then its one person 2 much
I believe Sarah Palin would be a refreshing voice in the White House. She is not afraid to take on difficult tasks and would stand up for the people's best interests. She has what it takes to be Vice President.
No. Even McCains own campagin aid said she could not even be a CEO of a company.
Absolutly NOT. No foreign experience, doesnt even know what the Bush doctrin is but yet supports it. fights against abortion and teen pregnancy and contraceptives, but yet her daughter is pregnant. Governor of a small town with less than 7,000 people. THIS WOMAN IS A JOKE. it was McCains hope to win over the women vote since Hilary is no longer an issue. But it's not gonna work. Hey lets bring the bridge to know where here to the states and see how it works here. if she cant get something like that to work in her small populated state of Alaska, its sure as hell not gonna work here on the mainland. Biden has way more connection, a heck of alot more foreign experience, and alot more knowledge.
DO SOME RESEARCH BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTHS. IT MAKES YOU SOUND STUPID.
We need someone like Sarah in the White House!!! When was the last time that we really had someone from the working class middle America representing us!!! As a Military Veteran and 17 year Police Officer, I could definitely follow her if she became our Commander in Chief! McCain/Palin!!!
McCain isnt from the working class. hes rich and has 3 houses. oh and go check the yearly income Palin made as mayor and governor. have fun paying $4.00 a gallon for gas. your a vet you should know how it is on foreign soil. of all people you would be one that i thought vote for Obama.
No, McCain has 9 houses!!!!
GIVE THE WOMAN A CHANCE, LOOK AT WHAT WE HAVE AND WHAT HAS BEEN. SHE JUST MIGHT DO A GREAT JOB. SHE CAN'T DO ANY WORST THEN THE JOKERS WE HAVE HAD.
Please, yes, look at what we have and what has been....that's what happens when you elect someone to high office who isn't intelligent enough. That's what happens when you elect someone just because you think their "values" are the same as yours. Intelligent people KNEW A LONG TIME AGO that Bush was not intelligent enough. Don't make the same mistake twice by allowing her anywhere near the Oval Office.
Small town girl, well educated citizen of the world.
Where do you get well educated? It took her 5 years and 5 college transfers to earn a 2.0 gpa for a Journalism degree. Hardly qualifying for one of the highest jobs in the land. That's not even qualifying for MOST moderately qualifying jobs in this country. I guess that's "well educated" if you barely graduated from high school.
Yea lets give her a chance, the under dog.
THIS WOMAN IS A JOKE, WAY UNDER QUALIFIED FOR SUCH A IMPORTANT POSITION IN GOVERNMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She has at least as much experience as your Presidential nominee. Plus she doesn't need "Free Concerts" to draw people to her speeches.
She does NOT!! Barack Obama was a state senator from 1996-2004, then US senator from 2004 - present. She was a mayor from 1999 - 2006, then governor 2006 - present. Moreover, she was mayor of a population 7,000 and is governor of a state with the population of people less than that of the city of Detroit (which kind of makes her more like a mayor still). She is a Republican who didn't even know what the Bush Doctrine is, clearly she has been isolated beyond belief. She's clueless, out to lunch!!!!!